F4A Parent Advocacy Center
ABOUT F4A Parent Advocacy Center (F4A PAC)
F4A PAC is a nonprofit organization that educates and empowers families of children who have an Individualized Educational Plan (IEP). We specialize in Special Education support and provide referrals to other agencies when needed. We do not attend IEPs on parents’ behalf, but are willing to attending meeting with parents, provide information, training and resources so that parents learn how to help themselves. Our work supports a positive partnership between parents, teachers and schools to help kids access the accommodations and resources they need to thrive.
We support people with all disabilities from birth to age 18, including kids with mental illness, kids who are medically fragile, and those who have emotional challenges due to some kind of environmental trauma.
Our Parent Support Specialists provide one-on-one consultations over the phone and at our facilities by appointment. We also present workshops and offer consultations in communities throughout the Chicagolanf area . Our service area includes Will and Cook County.
- Bilingual accommodations (Spanish/English)
- One-on-one consultations (over the phone or in person)
- Emotional support and peer counseling
- Coping strategies
- Training and information for parents, caregivers and professionals
- Information about disability rights, the Individualized Education Program (IEP), Section 504, and transition to preschool and adult services
- Resources and referrals to other agencies
Our mission is to ensure that all children with disabilities receive a high quality education, are included in the world, and adequately supported so that they acquire the necessary skills, experiences and accommodations to be successful, contributing members of society and as self-sufficient as possible.